Rest assured on Exuma you’re never too far from solitude or the creature comforts necessary for an enjoyable stay. From any road-accessible location on the island, George Towns services are always within a 20-mile drive and though not as concentrated, there are various service options located throughout the island. Well-stocked stores like the Exuma Market in George Town provide extensive food supplies for the many of us who enjoy cooking at home. Smaller markets throughout the island offer staples and other hidden treasures. For those seeking wellness and relaxation, wed be happy to point you in the direction of one of the islands more popular spas or massage services. George Towns emergency and overnight treatment facilities are staffed with resident doctors and nurses, and full-service pharmacies are available to assist with medications. Excellent, comprehensive medical treatment is a short jump north to Doctors Hospital. And yes, the islands infrastructure and your wellbeing are kept safe by the Royal Bahamas Police Force. Should you desire on-island travel there are options of taxi service, car or motor scooter rental and even a bicycle touring service. Driving is permitted with a full drivers license from the country of your origin.
Offering in call massage services by appointment. The therapists of Exuma Massage received extensive training at The Vermont Institute of Massage and have thousands of hours of practice behind them. For more information and a list of service options go to the website
Minns Water Sport
Boat Rental and snorkeling gear rentals. Go to www.mwsboats.com for a list of boats available. Located on Victoria Pond in the heart of Georgetown.
Offering boat and Waverunner Jet-Ski tours of the Exuma Cays. Both group and private tours are available.
Paddleboard Rentals and guided trips on the south side.
Out Island Explorers
Offering guided sailing and sea kayak tours in the Exuma Cays. They also offer day boat charters, snorkeling, reef and bluewater fishing, and free-diving spearfishing for the adventurous.
PADI Certified recreational dive operates focusing on the waters of Exuma and Long Island. Located at The Government Dock in Georgetown. Certification and further training available.
Fish Rowe Charters
Captain Doug Rowe offers full service off shore fishing charters aboard his 40 ft Luhrs Express.
Offering kiteboarding instruction, outings and rentals. Certified instruction and several years experience instructing and guiding. Paddleboard tours and rentals are also available.
4 Cs Adventures
Offering boat tours of the Exuma Cays on a varied fleet of boats. Shuttle Pick up available.
- JJ Dames 242-345-5049/357-0649
- Drex Rolle 242-345-5025/3570243
- Stevie Ferguson 242-345-0153/422-7033
- Reno Rolle 242-345-5003
Water Taxi Service
Offering water taxi rides between Georgetown and Stocking Island. Pick up the taxi at the government dock on Regatta Point in the heart of Georgetown. Phone:242-464-1558
- Luther Rolle 242-357-0662/345-5003
- Bal Sound Taxi 242-524-0832
- Airport Car Rental 242-345-0090
- Thompsons Car Rental 242-336-2442
- Georgetown Clinic 242-366-2088/358-0053
- Doctors Residence 242-336-2606
- Exuma Family Medical Clinic
- Di-ara Comprehensive Medical Center
- Police 242-336-2666 (For emergency dial 919)
Fuel / Petrol
- Marshalls Shell Station Located in the heart of Georgetown. Open Monday thru Saturday from 8:00am to 6:00pm. Sundays 8:00am to 11:00am
- Rubis petrol station in Ramsey (2 minutes northwest of the airport) – 242-345-7427. Open everyday from 8am-9pm
- Farmers Hill Service Station Located in Farmers Hill near Sandals Resort. Open Monday thru Saturday from 8:00am to 6:00pm.